Hollywoods’s awards season is upon us, from The Golden Globes and the SAG Awards to the Oscars. While these awards honor and celebrate film and television, businesses vie for a different kind of award this time of year: The Stevie Awards. Companies large and small, from startups to multi-nationals compete in more than 90 categories for the honor and public recognition of their accomplishments for sales, customer service, and innovation.
The company I work for, Litle & Co., has been honored with three Stevie Awards in years past. This year The Stevies (as they’re more casually known) asked me to chair the final judging committee for Best New Product or Service. Nearly 50 Finalists made the cut in this one category, spanning a broad range of industries.
One of my duties in chairing this committee has been to recruit other judges. I aimed for a well-rounded, diverse group of judges who’d bring a variety of perspectives and expertise to the committee. I’m very proud to have brought together the following friends and associates, and am truly grateful for their participation. The judges for the 2012 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service Best New Product and Service category are as follows:
- David Beisel, Partner at NextView Ventures
- Matt Douglas, Founder & CEO at Punchbowl.com
- Melissa Dowler, Co-Founder at Long Haul Films
- Michael Dunn, CTO at Hearst Interactive Media
- Andrew J. “Flip” Filipowski, Executive Chairman & CEO at SilkRoad Technology
- Jane Henry, Owner at LOOMLAB
- Tara Hunt, CEO & Co-founder at Buyosphere
- Aaron Irizarry, Experience Designer at Hewlett Packard
- Michael LeBarron, Senior UX Engineer at Rue La La
- Kaitlin Maud, Co-Founder at Rain or Shine Studio
- John McCurdy, VP Business Development at Invest Northern Ireland
- Kevin Mitchell, Senior Director of Programming at National Amusements
- Beth Monaghan, Principal at InkHouse Media + Marketing
- Randy Parker, President at SMBapps
- Jen Reddy, Vice President of Global Marketing at Communispace
- Evan I. Schwartz, Director of Storytelling at INNOSIGHT
- Rusty Williams, Co-Founder at Troopla
The gala dinner and awards will be held at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas on February 27th. I’ll be there and can’t wait to meet the finalists and the winners as well as other judges. See you there!
*Disclaimer: Litle & Co. is a customer of a couple of the Finalists, two of which I personally use in my day-to-day job, so I’ve recused myself from judging those specific companies or subcategories.