The Kelsey Group is like the ESPN of the local search and advertising world. They’re the authority. They host about four major conferences every year, attracting industry insiders from around the globe. Their next one is next week in San Diego, called MARKETPLACES 2010: THE LOCAL VERTICAL OPPORTUNITY. It’s the who’s-who and that what’s-what of local and vertical solutions and advertising. I’ve attended numerous Kelsey shows and have come to know the Kelsey staff as warm and generous professionals, and many of the conference regulars. The Kelsey Group and their conferences have been absolutely critical for CitySquares. If it wasn’t for them and their shows, I don’t think we’d be a player on this big and competitive field.
I was asked to speak at the Marketplaces show alongside Colin Pape with ShopCity and David Vazdauskas of Local Thunder. The panel will be moderated by Steve Marshall, who I always enjoy. He doesnt pull punches and he adds a certain kind of intensity to the panels. I’m looking forward to it.
I’ll be at the show from Sunday through Wednesday with my colleague and VP National Sales Todd Salerno. We have a few meetings teed up but if you’d like to catch up with one of us just email me, tweet me or send smoke signals, whatever works for ya!
If anyone wants to go, but does not yet have tickets, please get in touch with me, I have a discount code for you to save a little.
Looking forward to seeing a whole lotta people! See you there!
“You stay classy San Diego” – Ron Burgundy
Related articles by Zemanta
- BIA/Kelsey Analysts Identify Key Local Media Trends to Watch in 2010 ()
- Marketplaces Conference: Mobile Sessions Slated ()
- CitySquares Acquires Online Retail Directory Yokel.com ()
- Figures Show that Going Local may be The Best Business Model ()
- Class action launched against Yelp ()
- BIA/Kelsey: More Than Half of All Ad Spending Is ‘Local” ()
- At The BIA/Kelsey Conference Next Week in San Diego ()