CitySquares is seeking a full time Drupal developer. Please see below for more details. If you know anyone, please send them my way. Thanks!
Internet Applications Developer
Citysquares is seeking a talented, skilled, and innovative Senior Web Applications Engineer to work primarily in PHP, MySQL, MVC platforms (e.g., CakePHP) as you improve our website’s infrastructure and work alongside a Front End Web Developer. You will create dynamic web pages based on the Drupal technology, possibly MVC source code and reusable classes that will not only improve our website’s general infrastructure but also increase effectiveness for customers and users. As you develop and implement new features and address mission-critical issues, your strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, SQL skills, and a basic familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies (AJAX, Ruby) is important. You’ll play a critical role in our small, fun, and innovative Internet startup where creativity and excellence is recognized and appreciated daily. This position will rely heavily on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Candidate should have superior technical skills, excellent communication and cross-group skills, and a desire to work in a casual and fun environment where hard work is the norm. This position requires an ability to quickly master new technologies and applications, agile development efforts, and a passion for quick results.
• Improve the existing website infrastructure.
• Build consumer-facing web-based applications.
• Design, build, enhance, and optimize content management and dynamic new media platform, content distribution and syndication infrastructure
• Take ownership of end-to-end development efforts including requirements definition, data modeling, network and database infrastructure, website development, and more.
• 4+ years as Web Applications engineer.
• 3+ years in database design and data modeling (MySQL focus preferred).
• Must be extremely proficient in PHP, Perl, MySQL, XML
• Big bonus points for experience with Ruby, other forms of MVC
• Network administration and programming in UNIX/Linux environments.
• Multi-level security database design.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Willingness to have fun, experiment and try new things
• Must be passionate about working in a high-energy, funded startup.
If you are interested, please send your resume to jobs-at-citysquares.com. Thanks!